Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Birthday and Other Happenings

There's been an awful lot going on since my last post, but Mommy has been very tired with my little sister growing in her tummy and keeping up with me, so Daddy decided to help me with this post.

For my first birthday, I was lucky that my four grandparents and my Uncle Ron and Aunt Suzie came down to visit. Mommy and Daddy were doing a lot of cooking for Thanksgiving anyway, but they still bought me my own little cake to celebrate. It was tasty, but the icing was very sweet, so I only was able to eat a little bit.

My first Thanksgiving wasn't very exciting. It seemed like a normal day, except there was a pretty parade to watch in the morning and a big dinner that I got sit with all the grown-ups and enjoy later in the day. It was nice to have all those people at our house though, and they were all very interested in me for some reason. I got a lot of new toys and books for my birthday. I like books very much and sometimes ask Mommy or Daddy to read the same book to me over and over.


A few weeks later, we took a looooong car ride up to Syracuse. We left at night, so I was able to sleep part of the way, and I was good playing with my toys in the back seat. I got so see my Grandma Rita, Uncle Ron, and Aunt Suzie again, and this time I also got to see my Aunt Kathy, whom I hadn't seen in almost a year. While we were there, it snowed. This was much different than the little bit of snow that we got in Greensboro, that all melted away a few hours after it fell. Mommy and Daddy took me outside and I got to walk around in snow that was half as deep as I was tall! It took me a while to get used to sleeping in my pack-and-play rather than my crib at night, and it was another long ride in the car on the way back, but Mommy and Daddy said I was a Good Girl the whole trip. I sure hope I get to see some more of that snow sometime soon.

Speaking of walking, up until now, I've crawled everywhere I wanted to go, or asked Mommy and Daddy to carry me. I've been able to take some steps while pushing on the handle of my car, or by holding on to Mommy or Daddy's hands. Over the past couple of weeks, I decided to give a few steps a try without any help. I like walking a few feet over to where Mommy or Daddy are sitting. They always catch me when I fall and tell me what a Good Girl I am.



Maybe someday soon I'll try to walk farther, but for now, crawling is faster, so there's no need to change.

It sure is pretty with all the Christmas decorations and lights around the neighborhood. I don't remember much of Christmas time last year, since I was less than a month old. I like playing with the tree that Mommy and Daddy brought into the house. There are a lot of shiny balls on it to point at and say "bah".

I'll write some more later and talk about some yummy potato pancakes I got to eat and some pretty candles that Daddy lights every night while Mommy says words in another language. There is an awful lot to see and do going on nowadays and I'm trying something new every day, it seems!

No comments: