Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Flying Up North

Mommy, Daddy, and I flew in an airplane to visit my grandparents. Here's a brief overview: get strapped into a carseat, meet new people, play on the floor, sleep in a strange place, repeat many times.

We left home on Thursday, August 14, and flew through Atlanta to White Plains, NY. I watched a Baby Einstein video on Daddy's computer to pass the time on the plane. Then we rented a car and Mommy drove us from the NYC area up to Syracuse. I listened to Mommy sing silly songs and watched Daddy sit in the back seat of the car and play with my toys. Despite their efforts, I was really sick of being strapped into my seat by dinner time and cried a lot. But Mommy and Daddy were impressed with my day as a whole and called me a good girl many times.


I spent the night in a hotel in Syracuse, and then went to Grandma and Grandpa Rose's house. We played on the floor and I got new clothes from Grandma Rita. Then I went for a walk with Aunt Suzie (and Mommy and Daddy) and played with Uncle Ron. That night, I went to Temple Concord and Rabbi Ezring blessed my Hebrew name, Ilana Clada.

On Saturday, we did more playing at Grandma and Grandpa Rose's house, and then I napped in the car while we drove to Hemlock Farms in Pennsylvania to see Grandma and Grandpa Lindars. Grandma Alice had some V Tech toys for me, and I played on the floor a lot there, too. That night we went to dinner at a restaurant, and then Mommy, Daddy, and I checked into a new hotel. Sunday was a cookout at my grandparents. Aunt Wendy was there, and I met some more Lindars relatives, too.

Finally, on Monday, we drove back to the airport, flew through Atlanta again, and came home to Greensboro. Mommy and Daddy were really impressed with my behavior on the way back. I was good in my car seat every time they strapped me in on Monday.


Here are some pictures from my trip. Uncle Ron did a puppet show with my favorite ducky.

At the hotel in Pennsylvania, I liked the pattern on the bedspread.

I had fun on my trip, but I'm really glad to be home now.

No comments: